Frequently Asked Questions
Am I right for Rainbow Vista? Is Rainbow Vista right for me?
- Rainbow Vista is for active seniors.
- If you require medical care or personal assistance—with daily tasks such as:
- using the toilet
- managing medications
- using public transportation
- In general, Rainbow Vista is for residents who are part of the LGBTQ family and who are at least fifty-five years old. A younger person is acceptable if they are the partner of a senior Rainbow Vista resident.
- Rainbow Vista is pleased to allow pets that meet our criteria. A cat or dog is allowed; any other animal must be approved by management on a case by case basis.
- No more than one pet per unit is allowed
- Any pet must weigh less than twenty pounds
- Pets are not allowed in hallways or common areas
- Residents are required to pick up after their pets
- Pets must be licensed and vaccinated per county laws
- Residents must keep their pet and living space clean and free from pests, such as fleas
- Rainbow Vista management reserves the right to inspect apartments to ensure they are pest-free and are reasonably clean.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building at all. There are outdoor covered patios with chairs for smokers to use.
- Residents must observe quiet hours between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- Residents may host a guest in their room. The number of guests is limited to two. Guests may stay no longer than one week.
- Rental prices are fixed for one year from the date the rental agreement is signed.
Yes, I want to live in Rainbow Vista…
If you would like to live in Rainbow Vista, you start out by submitting our rental application and a $50 application fee. The application grants Rainbow Vista an authorization to check your credit history. The application fee is non-refundable. Processing your application will take 3-5 business days.
If you are approved, you must sign the rental agreement, prior to moving in.
Before you move in, be prepared to pay the following:
- your first month’s rent
- a security deposit, equal to one month’s rent
- a pet deposit of $300, if applicable.
Rents are due on the first of every month and are considered late if not paid by the fifth of the month. A late fee of $50 is assessed for payments after the fifth of the month. Renters who pay their rent late three times in a twelve-month period will be evicted.
Deposits and rents are due in full in advance. Rainbow Vista cannot accept partial payments nor can we finance payments over a longer period of time. Rainbow Vista accepts cash, checks, and PayPal payments. We do not accept credit cards for payment.